viernes, 2 de octubre de 2026

 203: Side story 7 Greyson just continued to look down at Dane with a dazed expression. Under his gaze, Dane reflected in his heart on what words he had just spoken. What was surprising was the fact that he didn't regret saying those words at all. Impulsively, he petted Greyson's head. Perhaps it had already become a habit, as even while tilting his head to make it easier to pet, his expression remained bewildered. Dane brought a natural smile to his lips and spoke again. "I'll quit being a firefighter, if you're that worried." At that moment, a sweet pheromone scent spread around them. On top of that, ears fluttering wildly clearly revealed Greyson's mood. "Re-really? Really, is that okay?" Greyson asked a beat late. Seeing his eyes sparkling with excitement as if he was finally realizing it, the corners of Dane's mouth naturally lifted. "It's okay." "Dane…!" At the voice raised with emotion, Dane answered refreshingly. "It was just a way to make money anyway. Losing the insurance is a bit much though…" He glanced at Greyson and smiled like a villain. "You'll pay for it, right?" At that moment, Greyson's heart seemed to drop with a thud, then began beating wildly at three times the previous speed. "Yeah, of course. I'll pay, I'll pay for everything!" Greyson, who had been nodding vigorously, suddenly embraced Dane. Darling, caught between them, made a meow sound, but he seemed not to hear it at all as he showered kisses all over Dane's face. Dane, who had tensed his arms to create space so the cat wouldn't be crushed, let Greyson rub his lips everywhere and continued speaking. "I'll need pension insurance too." "Got it!" "When the construction on my house is finished, I should rent it out. If I receive monthly rent, it'll be income too." "Do that." "I'm thinking of taking a cruise trip while I'm at it." "Yeah, let's do that. If you quit your job, you'll have plenty of time!" Greyson, who had pressed his lips firmly to Dane's mouth and pulled away, declared with a brightly lit face. "I'm an expert at living leisurely. Leave everything to me!" It was natural. There were experts for everything in the world, and following an expert's opinion was very basic. In that regard, could there be another expert in the field of living leisurely like Greyson? Probably not. This man had lived leisurely his entire life. "I'm really happy, Dane. Let's take a cruise and travel around the world together!" Though he thought being on a ship for that long would be a bit much, Dane remained silent. Such talk could wait until they seriously made plans later. Greyson, who had been so anxious and at a loss just moments before, was now this happy – wouldn't it be okay to let him savor that feeling a little longer? Though I think I'm being too soft on this guy. The problem was himself thinking such a Greyson was cute. In the end, Dane chuckled, and Greyson also smiled at him with crinkled eyes. "Dane, but." When he raised his head at the sudden words, Greyson's face looked somewhat awkward. His smiling face was the same, but somehow subtly different. To Dane looking at him as if asking "what," Greyson asked while still keeping the corners of his mouth raised. "Well, earlier you said you'd rent out your house when construction is finished. Then where are you planning to be…? Maybe that hotel again?" Dane silently looked at his face. The man's expression waiting for an answer was mixed with anticipation and anxiety. Gradually, another mischievous mood rose within Dane. Hmm, Dane silently crossed his arms. At this point, isn't this guy provoking me? "Well, I haven't thought about it yet." When he deliberately took his time answering, Greyson's eyes flashed with light. Dane could clearly tell what words he was waiting for. Of course, they were also the words he intended to say. But when he's expecting like that, it makes me want to tease him. Dane pretended to stroke his mouth with one hand, hiding the corners of his mouth that were subtly rising into his palm. "That hotel isn't bad either, and there are ways to find cheap monthly rent… there'd be many options, right?" And he lightly added. "I could ask friends to let me stay with them too." "What?" Suddenly Greyson's voice got louder. He's probably going to argue about why I'd sleep elsewhere leaving him behind, Dane expected, but he was wrong. "You had friends? Really?" This bastard? Dane looked at him with furrowed brows. "What do you mean by that? Why wouldn't I have friends?" At his incredulous reaction, Greyson was even more surprised. My goodness, my Dane had friends. "People you sleep with aren't friends." "I sleep with friends too. No, I slept. No, I didn't sleep with everyone. No." Dane, who had been speaking, covered his face with one hand. Suddenly doubt washed over him. Why had he started this kind of joke in the first place? Ha, after letting out a short sigh, Dane just honestly confessed. "Can I use the room I used before again?" "Huh?" At the sudden question, Greyson broke down again. Seeing him just blinking in surprise, Dane, feeling awkward for no reason, spoke with deliberate indifference. "I'm thinking of moving back in and living here. If you don't want that, then it wouldn't work…" He frowned while speaking. Because Greyson's expression was somehow different from what he expected. He thought he'd scream with joy, but unexpectedly he was lukewarm. Did I think too dramatically about something that wasn't a big deal? Just as he felt embarrassed for no reason, Greyson opened his mouth. He seemed like he was trying to say something, but after moving his mouth without making a sound, he finally made a sound after several attempts. "Dane, I." Dane knew what words would come next. But instead of slapping Greyson's cheek like before, he grabbed his head and kissed his lips. After lips that had briefly touched like a peck, he soon pressed softly. Dane, who had stuck out his tongue to skillfully create a gap, swept over the inside of Greyson's lips and even his teeth before separating their lips. Greyson was looking down at him in a daze with wide eyes, just like before. When Dane unconsciously made a whoosh sound like air leaking, Greyson, who had quickly blinked, immediately turned pale and said. "Dane, I think you hit your head." "Get it together." Dane spoke sternly and hit Greyson's cheek. Surprisingly, it wasn't a "smack" or "slap" but a "tap." At the action that ended with just touching his cheek with his fingertips, Greyson's mouth opened wide. Am I the one whose head is strange? Greyson thought blankly. Maybe I'm sleeping with my eyes open right now. Right, that must be it. I fell asleep smelling Dane's pheromone scent and had a dream. A very good dream… "Really?" Greyson asked in a faintly trembling voice. "Really, you're going to live here? With me?" "Yeah." Dane answered refreshingly. "I'll live with you, in this house." "…!" Greyson covered his mouth with both hands. He barely managed to block a scream from coming out, but couldn't stop a very thin sound from leaking. Whew, whew, after breathing roughly under his blocked hands, Greyson swallowed dry saliva with a gulp, then removed his hands. Following a "pa" breathing sound, Greyson asked breathlessly with an extremely excited face. "Really? It's not that you'll change your mind or that it was a joke, right? You're going to live here, with me? Forever?" "Yeah. I said it's real." Dane ended up laughing out loud. This bastard, should I just kiss him outright? Feeling his own heart beating, he opened his mouth. "You…" "Wait!" Suddenly Greyson held out one hand and shouted. At the unexpected reaction, Dane asked with curiosity. "What's wrong?"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario